Texturing.Iron Maiden

ID Masking

Iron Maiden

Before I could start texturing the sarcophagus, I said that I would go back to ZBrush and create an ID mask. For this, I just selected the decorative tool wrapped around the majority of it, and applied a polypaint colour. I also added so colour manually to a few areas, and for the headdress, I was lucky enough to already have a polygroup assigned to where I wanted the polypaint, so that was easy. In the future, I will try to be more careful to plan out ID masks slightly earlier on to save some time. 

Once the ID mask was done, I exported it as a seperate FBX file, and went back to my previous Substance Painter file where I already had a baked mesh. I then deselected all of the bake maps other that ID map in the baking settings, to avoid overwritting my previous maps for no reason, and then selected my ID map FBX file, then baked. Afterwards I could then spend my time texturing how I wanted.

Texturing Design

This is what I went for. The'se arrows pointing up, with a disordered variety of blue, red and gold in each arrow. I like this design because of how expensive and important the colours feel, and because they are royal colours, it holds status'. This is taken from a Pharaoh.





Textured Iron Maiden
Lighting Added






































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artboards

Into Unreal

Final Stretch