Composition and Lighting



I now have everything in Unreal, and set up for the most part. I have detail normals for most of my assets for closeup detail and general lighting is in scene. I have height fog to create atmospheric fog along with a very low intensity directional light, but most of the lighting is coming from point lights at the candles and fire pits.

I'm having quite a bit of trouble with my lighting. I've gotten to a point where I'm kinda satisfied but still feel like something isn't quite right. I feel like my main centerpiece isn't the most readable and I'm not sure whether that's to do with reflectivity, texturing or the lighting...maybe all three? I will keep trying to tweak with lights, and I will try adding a post process volume and adjusting value to get something I like.  This will allow me to create a LUT using Photoshop which might look really cool.

For the pictures on the columns and wall, they're just images I found of Egyptian paintings online that I imported and create a deferred decal material. This was quite easy, however, I rushed this part. if I was to do this properly, I would handpaint my own textures or cut out the exact paintings out of the images, and then create a PNG with transparency so that the background of the image doesn't interfere with the basecolour of the mesh it's being projected on. If I were to draw my own textures, this would also remove the original noise the image has from it not being painted on stone, etc.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artboards

Into Unreal

Final Stretch